Thursday, February 6, 2014

Healthy Tip Thursday: Freeze your Ripe Bananas

Freeze your Bananas

I admit it ! Sometimes it's hard for me to buy the right amount of produce specially since I am buying just for my fiance and I. I  find myself buying too much or too little produce in between shopping trips. And as we all know, bananas are those type of fruits are so unpredictable. One day they are green and the next day they are going bad. If you use the following method, your over ripe bananas will never go to waste.

Cut and Freeze:
  • Slice your bananas into chunks and place them in a Ziploc Baggie
  • When you’re ready to use them,  grab the bag and break apart the slices as best you can before putting  them into your blender. 
Note:

I love to use my frozen bananas in my smoothies, they add a great texture and makes them so sweet.




No comments:

Post a Comment